- Simplify: Say goodbye. It's just stuff. You can't take it with you.
- Some things beyond life necessities simply must be bought: Tea, lotion, underwear, and knitting needles.
- Yes means yes, and no means no: Stop protesting and take people's word at face value. Use the right language to avoid obliging myself to things I don't really want to do.
- I always need time for certain things: sleep, eating food, staring at the ceiling, reading the Word, knitting, wandering, and baking.
- Out with the old, in with the new: If I buy something new, something old must go. When something is old, replace it, for goodness sake!
- One thing at a time: I am me, with only 2 hands and 24 hours in a day; no one, not even myself, has the right to expect me to do more than I am able.
- Be unafraid: Take the opportunities when they come.
Thank you to Mo ("You have to buy tea, it's a staple."), Paul ("You're you. You can't do everything everyone else does. And I like you."), Michal ("I said yes. I meant it. So stop.") and Amy ("I have way too many pairs of underwear, but ya know what? I always have clean, cute underwear on.") .