1. Sometimes I make chocolate cake for breakfast. And eat half of it by mid-day. In my defense, it's low-sugar, whole-wheat, vegan, and I'm breastfeeding a ravenous wolf cub who eats all of my calories.
2. I still haven't finished most of these projects. Some will become gifts now, but that's ok. Miles has everything he needs.
3. Like supervision.
4. Portlandia is totally true. This flier is about to get covered by another flier.
5. I think I get more excited about the zoo than my kid does.
6. I'm a very slow knitter. It took me 4 months to knit these socks. I'm never going to finish knitting a sweater for you, so please don't ask.
7. These two men bring out the best in me.
Have a great weekend!
Thursday, July 7, 2011
|photo credit: RevelationSpace|
A little poetry is always soothing. On days when I can't put things into words, when everything seems like a failure, when I'm on the verge of becoming numb, it helps to get outdoors and connect with nature, with life.
A Wish to be Generous
All that I serve will die, all my delights,
the flesh kindled from my flesh, garden and field,
the silent lilies standing in the woods,
the woods, the hill, the whole earth, all
will burn in man's evil, or dwindle
in its own age. Let the world bring on me
the sleep of darkness without stars, so I may know
my little light taken from me into the seed
of the beginning and the end, so I may bow
to mystery, and take my stand on the earth
like a tree in a field, passing without haste
or regret toward what will be, my life
a patient willing descent into the grass.