But this time I have a plan!
- Sort & purge! Time to get rid of the things we don't love enough to move.
- Collect boxes & start packing away the things we don't use regularly, like books, camping gear, summer clothes, etc.
- Recruit moving help. Make sure they put it on their calendars in pen.
Lease signing & key pickup: Friday February 26th
- Measure new apartment. Make a detailed plan. Confirm whether curtainrods will work in new place. Will the dining table fit through the front door?
- Reserve a Zipcar, preferably a truck or Element. Yay cargo space!
- Get a permit from the City to reserve parking space for moving day.
- Pack pack pack pack pack. And keep purging! Have everything packed and IKEA furniture disassembled by Friday night.
Major moving days: Saturday March 6th-Sunday March 7th
- Try not to freak out.
- Take over basic supplies first: cleaning supplies, overnight bags, paper plates & cups, and don't forget the TP!
- Let the men do the heavy lifting. What?! I'm pregnant! I'm totally excused!
- Feed the men.
- Resist the urge to reassemble my home in 1 day.
Ok, it shouldn't be so hard, right? I mean, by this time, I should be a pro at moving. I moved at least once every year in college, and every year since then. I am comforted that we now have a second bedroom in which to pile miscellaneous stuff, and a storage unit for that bulky cooler. Right, Shouldn't be too bad.